This is my first paid pattern - available on Ravelry. The file contains both a written version and a chart.
To knit this cowl you need the following skills:
- Provisional CO: My favorite method for a provision CO is the crochet provisional CO - it is shown in this Youtube video by New Stitch a Day.
- Intarsia: Changing colors with the intarsia technique - as shown in this YouTube video by knitwithpat; or this YouTube video by Francoise Danoy.
- Grafting in Garter Stitch: A technique to get an invisible (knitted) seam - this technique is shown in this YouTube Video by knittinghelp.com.
Materials used to knit this cowl:
- about 210 grams of Sports weight yarn – in two colors, about 140 grams of the main color (blue in the photos) and 70 grams of the contrast color (white in the photos) - I used some beautiful Bilum yarn that I bought at Swisswullefestival and some white merino as a contrast color. If you want to use a similar yarn - here's a link to Bilum's etsy shop.
- 3.75 mm knitting needles
- scrap yarn for provisional CO
- a tapestry needle for grafting and for weaving in ends