The WiFi Signal cowl is knitted in the round in two-colour brioche. The stitch pattern was first inspired by traditional japanese Seigaiha pattern (青海波), but when I looked at the finished piece it really reminded me of the symbol for a WiFi Signal.
The cowl is long enough to fit twice around your neck. Because it's two colour brioche it has a lovely squishy texture.
The knitting pattern is available as a PDF via
The pattern PDF is 9 pages long and contains:
- row-by-row pattern instructions
- charts of a pattern repeat
- photo tutorials for the following brioche stitches
- a total of 125 grams of fingering weight yarn – about equal amounts of each colour, I used
- as DY (dark turquois to black): Schoppel Zauberball 2038 Cafe Flair
- as LY (light beige): Vendita Sock yarn
- 3.5 mm circular knitting needles
- 6 stitch markers
- a tapestry needle for weaving in ends