This cowl starts with a provisional cast on, is knitted flat and finished with grafting in garter stitch.
The pattern is available for purchase on Ravelry here.
Get a 40% discount on my latest cowl pattern. Discount ends Oct 14, 2018.
- about 130 grams of fingering weight yarn in main color (MC) – I used Wollmeise Pure – colorway “Ballerina”
- about 60 grams of fingering weight yarn in contrast color (CC) – I used a speckled yarn by Lanartus
- scrap yarn and a crochet hook for provisional CO
- 3.5 mm knitting needles - I used circulars, but straight needles will do as well
- a tapestry needle to weave in ends
Gauge and Size
In garter stitch 10 ridges (i.e. 20 rows) gave 5 cm in height, 11 stitches gave 5 cm in width. This was measured on a blocked piece.
The finished cowl measures about 27 cm wide, and measures about 130 cm in circumference.
To finish this cowl, you need the following skills
- Provisional Cast-On
- Short Rows with Wrap and Turn
- Two Color Brioche
- Grafting in Garter Stitch